Monday 15 April 2013

Overdue ATC Update

Some ATCs I have collected:


It's half way through April already!! Eeeek. I haven't updated my blog in what feels like forever. Not only that, but I really shouldn't be doing it at all at the moment because my university dissertation is due in next month.(Naughty me!) But I am taking this opportunity to post about some of the ATCs I've added to my collection recently.
 
Remember the bird ATCs I was making last time? Well, I traded them on www.swapbot.com and the ones I got in return were beautiful! Take a look; the lady I traded with chose to create them with my favourite animals in mind, cats and a fox;

 
I love them so so much and they will stay in my collection forever. :D Hehe.
 

Some I've made myself:

 
I don't want to type too much out today (mainly because I should be concentrating on uni work, but also because I'm aware that I can waffle quite a lot. So I will leave several photos of some ATCs I've made for various Swapbot Swaps... Here goes!


Theme: A country of your choice
 



Theme: Glitter ATC

This was SO fiddley to make! I stamped the flowers, bird and bow then coloured them in using Pro Markers and had to cut them all out. I'll admit that took a lot of brain power and effort. The background was simply yellow covered with a beautiful font so I inked it up, using a dusky pink, leaving the middle a little lighter and going back around the edge with a black ink. Then I remembered I had to put glitter on this one! I thought the strongest method of sticking down some glue would be using double sided sticky tape (then it wouldn't come off in the post.) But of course, it doesn't stick properly on inky oily surfaces! I'm so glad I left some un-inked yellow paper in the centre. The sticky tape worked!

Theme: Any Animal ATC

This is for a swap I am currently hosting. The idea is that you create an ATC using any old image of any animal you like/can find. I had a sneaky look at my swap partners profile and saw she likes cats almost as much as I do! So I've cut this cute kitty image from a card I had, found a fitting sentiment in the fortune cookie messages I have saved and tried to add some glitter in the shape of a heart (bottom right). Once again, I hope it doesn't fall off in the post, although this time I've used a glue pen instead of sticky tape.

And finally:


A little piece of mail art I posted all the way to Australia. I know I know, moose(s)? don't live in Australia! The lady to whom it was sent loves Alaska, so I sent her painted picture that hopefully relates to an Alaskan scene. Just love the moose :D Hehe.



Right, that's all for now. Gotta go do some work non stop for the next four weeks!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment