Tuesday 12 February 2013

Swap Bot

Swap Bot.
 
"What Bot?"
 
I was looking for more places to trade ATCs when I came across this website http://www.swap-bot.com. It's a little confusing when you start exploring it, but the concept becomes clear straight away. Here people from all over the world can come together in this little corner of the internet to trade not only their ATCs and crafts, but all types of goodies!
 
Tea and postcards seem to be a favourite amongst this community. Some of the swaps can be quite pricey, with members spending around $20 on gifts to send to random partners they've been paired with. And that's one of the downsides, you can never be sure somebody won't 'flake' on your trade. This means they don't fulfill their end of the swap. But the reliablity of users is visable for all to check up on on each persons profile. After each trade your partner can rate you - which allows others to see if you took part properly or not.
 
I'm their newest member!
 
I joined up! I couldn't resist. So far I've sent one ATC to the USA. I'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive but it's only been about a week so far and I expect it's going to take a lot longer than that! My partner has taken part in over 270 swaps and has a completely clear record so I bet she's a bit nervous at seeing my brand new profile and lack of ratings!! I wish I'd taken a photo of my ATC, it was a St. Patricks theme and I was actually quite proud of it. I'm just hoping it doesn't fall to pieces in the mail. I'm thinking I should have been extra cautious and bubble wrapped it but there's no going back now.
 

An ATC I may trade in the near future. ..

 
 
 

Pencil drawings of a fox and owl, and an ATC created from a recycled magazine featuring a photo of where I currently live.

No comments:

Post a Comment