Thursday 7 February 2013

Artist Trading Cards (ATC)

Did somebody mention ATCs?

 
Whilst looking online for card making inspiration I came across some blogs which mentioned  ATCs. So, naturally, I had to research the heck out of this new term. It turns out ATC stands for 'Artist Trading Cards'; which are basically miniature pieces of art created by an individual intended for trading for others' cards.

As I understand it, they have only two rules to them:
  1. Firstly; they should measure 2 and a half inches by 3 and a half inches.
  2. Secondly; trade them - don't try to make a financial gain from them!
 You can find more information here: http://www.artist-trading-cards.ch/
 

I'm intrigued!


I absolutely love this idea, mainly because the cards themselves can be decorated with any kind of media; paint, drawing, paper, collage, stamping, absolutely anything you can dream up! They are supposed to convey your own personal artistic style, however often online trades are set up with a specific theme in mind so you can explore the artistic methods as you create.

Where can I swap mine?


I checked Facebook on the off chance it would provide any pages with more information about trading these cards in the United Kingdom. Just my luck I came across a page which was asking it's members to vote on for a theme of ATC  they should swap in February! I instantly knew I had to join and give it a go - I would love to start a collection of these fabulous little pieces of art.


Just yesterday it was announced that the theme 'stitching' would be what we are focusing on as we make our ATCs. This choice won by 3 votes, in second place was my vote of 'song titles'. Oh well, I'm still excited to give it a go, even though my profile does mention I am not very good at sewing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment